DO NOT FORGET TO LOG OUT WHEN YOU ARE FINISHED WITH THIS COMPUTER!!!
Your behavior as a medical student both inside and outside the classroom determines whether you will become a licensed practicing physician. Do not jeopardize your career by engaging in activities that are against UAB and/or UASOM Student Computer Lab policies.
YOUR ACTIONS ARE BEING MONITORED.
Use of this computer is contingent upon adherence to the policies below. If you do not agree with this or are not clear of the policies, please discontinue use of this computer and visit the Computing Policies page for further information.
UASOM Student Computer Lab Conduct Policy - The following actions are considered unacceptable and unethical conduct while using UASOM information resources. Violation of this policy will result in disciplinary actions.
1. Storing, processing or displaying offensive or obscene material, such as pornography, “hate literature”, etc.
2. Engaging in activities for the purpose of personal or commercial financial gain. This includes chain letters, solicitation of business or services, sales of personal property.
3. Any illegal, fraudulent, or malicious activity, partisan political activity; political or religious lobbying or proselytizing, or activities on behalf of organizations having no affiliation with UASOM.
4. Annoying or harassing another individual by sending uninvited e-mail of a personal nature or by using lewd or offensive language.
5. Using another student’s account or identity without their explicit permission.
6. Viewing, damaging or deleting another student’s files or communications without appropriate authorization or permission.
7. MODIFYING, ALTERING, RECONFIGURING or moving any hardware owned and operated by UASOM.
8. Attempting to bypass or damage security or access control systems.