|More than 2,500 neurosurgical procedures are performed by Neurosurgery Division. An active pediatric neurosurgical service performs over 800 major procedures per year and specializes in the treatment of children with brain tumors, spina bifida, spasticity, and epilepsy.
Treatment specialties include:
- brain tumors
- pituitary disorders
- intracranial vascular abnormalities
- surgical treatment of epilepsy
- surgical treatment of complex spinal disorders, including tumor deformity and instability
The Division actively particiates in the Regional Spinal Cord Injury Care System and in injury prevention programs, and it offers head and spine injury treatment and research programs.
Services offered include:
- stereotactic and computer-assisted surgery
- gamma knife radiosurgery
- comprehensive management of episepsy and movement disorders
- pituitary tumors
- gene-based therapies for brain tumors
- treatment of complex intracranial aneurysms
- arteriovenous malformations