- Do not send out mass email (to your class or school wide) for any purpose other than official school business. Examples of inappropriate emails include:
- Selling items or want ads—including school books and equipment
- Non school sponsored social events
- Lost and found items
- Opinions and attempts at humor
- Transcript solicitations
- Repeat: e-mail cannot be used for commercial enterprise in ANY form.
- Clean out your inbox, sent items, deleted items, and files. Store them somewhere other than the server if you have a lot of files.
- This site is a forum for students, faculty, and staff of the University of Alabama School of Medicine, and is compliant with UASOM Computer Lab and resource policies of the University of Alabama School of Medicine and the University of Alabama at Birmingham. All opinions expressed on this forum are solely those of the author and are not screened prior to their appearance on the forum. By accessing this forum, all users understand and agree that threatening, harassing or otherwise inappropriate language is unacceptable.
- Any commerce that is conducted on the Forum may only be incidental. It may not be a means of obtaining income (e.g. do not advertise for someone who is a realtor, do not advertise if you make a living by selling tickets, etc)
- Humor is often offensive to some while being funny to others; hence, there is a real possibility of crossing the line of offense when using it. Degrading comments about gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, or political views are subject to disciplinary actions.
- This site is monitored by a committee of class officers; questionable postings may be flagged and will be subject to removal or disciplinary action.
- As communication on the forum must be in compliance with UAB’s acceptable use policy.