The Summer Health Enrichment Program (SHEP) at the UAB School of Medicine is designed to offer talented undergraduate students from the state of Alabama an experience that will enhance their opportunity for a career in medicine. Instruction in professionalism, basic science, interviewing skills, clinical and research experiences, MCAT preparation and exposure to ethnically and culturally diverse workplaces are program components that will enable participants to increase their ability to become competitive in the medical school process.
- must have a 3.0 GPA and a 2.75 in the sciences
- must be a resident of Alabama
- must have a critical reading SAT score of at least 500, mathematics score of at least 400, and a writing score of at least 490 or an ACT score of at least 19
- must have not participated in SHEP previously
- Stipend and housing contingent upon program funding.
Ms. Marsha Kelley-Sutton
Office of Diversity & Multicultural Affairs
800-707-3579 ext. 6