Participate in Research
ClinicalTrials.gov provides regularly updated information about federally and privately supported clinical research in human volunteers. Research in Brain Injuries gives you information about a trial's purpose, who may participate, locations, and phone numbers for more details.
Understanding Clinical Trials
Studies in the News
Glossary of Terms
Search The TBI National Data Center Registry
Search for TBI Model Systems' Research Projects and Publications
Driving after Brain Injury: Barriers, Fitness to Drive, and Community Integration
TBI research activities underway at Rehabilitation Institute of Michigan. This study examines the resumption of driving a motor vehicle and the extent to which driving influences community integration following TBI. Barriers to resuming driving, the role of significant others, and the relative validities of different assessments of fitness to drive (neuropsychological, driving simulator, and on-road evaluations) will be examined.
Do you want to drive again? Please call 313-745-9841" (To inquire driving information about “Driver Evaluations”, “Driver Training”, “Eligibility”, and “Funding.”)
The Rocky Mountain Regional Brain Injury System (RMRBIS)
The RMRBIS at Craig Hospital in Denver, CO is seeking volunteer for research on;
1) Modafinil: a possible drug for treating fatigue and daytime sleepiness
2) Training in Social Communication Skills: Does it work?
TBI Model System at JFK Johnson Rehabilitation Institute (JRI)
1. persons who have sustained a TBI, completed most of their treatment, and are currently living in the community; and
2. people to participate in a study of brain injury rehabilitation to compare the effectiveness of different forms of out-patient treatment for persons who have sustained a traumatic brain injury TBI.
Rehabilitation Research Center for TBI
Participate in two project at Santa Clara Valley Medical Center:
1) Fatigue After Traumatic Brain Injury: What are the Underlying Factors
2) Efficacy of a Customized Cognitive Orthotic with Automatic Planning and Cueing Assistance
Using the Internet to Provide Peer Support
The Ohio Valley Center for Brain Injury Prevention and Rehabilitation is conducting this research project and seeking participants.
U of Washington Traumatic Brain Injury Model System
Looking for volunteers for two research projects;
1) TBI and Depression Study
2) A Study on the Effect of Exercise on the Mood and Quality of Life for those with Concussions or TBI
Volunteers Are Needed at New York TBI Model System
Two areas of research focusing on Depression and Fatigue after brain injury.