1.Hosur, M.V., Vaidya, U.K., Ulven C.A., and Jeelani, S. (2004) Performance of stitched/unstitched woven carbon/epoxy composites under high velocity impact loading. Composite Structures, Vol. 64, pp. 455-466.
2.Ulven, C.A., Vaidya, U.K., and Hosur, M.V. (2003) Effect of projectile shape during ballistic perforation of VARTM carbon/epoxy composite panels. Composite Structures, Vol. 61, No. 1, pp. 143-150.
3.Vaidya, U.K., Ulven, C.A., Hosur, M.V., Alexander, J., and Liudahl, L. (2003) Intermediate Velocity Impact Response of Carbon/Epoxy Composites with Polycarbonate Facing. Polymers and Polymer Composites, Vol. 11, No. 6, pp. 421-432.
4.Vaidya, U.K., Ulven, C.A., Pillay, S., and Ricks, H. (2003) Impact Damage of Partially Foam-Filled Co-Injected Honeycomb Core Sandwich Composites, Journal of Composite Materials, Vol. 37, No. 7, pp. 611-626.
5.Vaidya, U.K., Pillay, S., Ulven, C.A., Grow, D. and Mathew, B. Impact and Post Impact Vibration Response of Protective Metal Foam Composite Sandwich Plates. Composites Part B, (submitted for review Oct. 2003).
6.Bartus, S.D., Ulven, C.A., Vaidya, U.K., and Gleich, K. Design and Development of Long Fiber Thermoplastic Bus Seat. Journal of Thermoplastic Composite Materials, (submitted for review Sept. 2003, accepted Sept. 2004).
7.Ulven, C.A. and Vaidya, U.K., Post-Fire Low Velocity Impact Response of Marine Grade Sandwich Composites. Composites Part A, (submitted for review July 2004).
8.R.Sriram, S.Bartus, UK Vaidya, “Blast and Ballistic Impact Response of Metal Foam Sandwich Composites”, Conference on Syntactic and Composite Foams 2004, Banff, Canada, (To appear in Journal, Composites-A)
9.R. Jain, U K. Vaidya, and A Haque. Processing and Characterization of Carbon-Carbon Nanofiber Composites. Advanced Composite Materials, (paper submitted for review on Sept. 2004)
10.N. Uddin, U. Vaidya, M. Shohel and J.C Serrano. Cost effective bridge girder strengthening using VARTM. Advanced Composite Materials. 2005
11.J.C Serrano and U. Vaidya. Modeling and Implementation of VARTM for Civil Engineering Applications. SAMPE Journal. Resin Infusion Technology Issue. January 2005
12.S.D. Bartus, U.K. Vaidya, 2004. “Performance of Long Fiber Reinforced Thermoplastics Subjected to Transverse Intermediate Velocity Blunt Object Impact.” Journal of Composite Structures, Article in press.
13.J.Serrano, U.K Vaidya, N.Uddin, M Shohel. "In-plane debond response of Vacuum Assisted Resin Transfer Molded Carbon Fiber Sheets on Concrete Substrates". Journal of Advanced Materials, 37,2,3-10, 2005
1. Moy, P., Pritts, J., Harris, J., Deschepper, D., and Ulven, C.A. (July, 2003) Resin/Dye Infusion Technique of Composite Integral Armor Targets for Post-Impact Study. Army Research Laboratory Technical Report, ARL-TN-204.
2. Sands, J., Ulven, C.A., and Vaidya, U.K. (March, 2003) Emissions and Mechanical Evaluation of VE Resin Systems. Army Research Laboratory Technical Report, ARL-TR-2930.
3. Husman, G. Vaidya U., Janowski. G. and J.C Serrano. Center for Composites Manufacturing, Final Report submitted to Federal Transit Administration. July 2004.
4. Vaidya U.K., Serrano J.C and A. Villalobos. Summary of Testing of PVC and Modeling of Sheet pile Members. Submitted to Army Corp of Engineers. Cold Regions Laboratory. August. 2004
5. U.K. Vaidya & S.D. Bartus, 2004 “Impact Response of VARTM Processed Carbon-Epoxy Plates.” Final Technical Report, Reference: F 33615-98-D-3210, Delivery Order No. 39, Anteon Corp, Air Force Research Laboratory-Materials Directorate, Dayton, Ohio.
CONFERENCE PAPERS & PROCEEDINGS
1. *Ulven, C.A. and Vaidya, U.K. (2004) Post-Fire Impact Response of VARTM Glass / Vinyl Ester Balsa Core Sandwich Composites. 49th International SAMPE Symposium and Exhibition Proceedings, Vol. 49, CD-ROM proceedings, Long Beach, CA.
2. *Ulven, C.A., Vaidya, U.K., Pillay, S., and Janowski, J.M. (2003) Impact Response of Flame Exposed VARTM Composite Plates. 18th Annual Technical American Society for Composites Conference Proceedings: Paper ID 260, Gainesville, FL.
3. Vaidya, U.K., Pillay, S., Ulven, C.A., Gautam, A.R.S, Grow, D., and Mathew, B. (2003) Impact Response of Protective Metal Foam-Composite Sandwich Plates. International Conference on Composite Materials (ICCM-14): Paper ID EM03-332, San Diego, CA.
4. *Ulven, C.A. (2003) Design and Process Simulation of a Long Fiber Thermoplastic Bus Seat Component for Mass Transit Applications. 48th International SAMPE Symposium and Exhibition University Research Session: Student Presentation, Long Beach, CA.
5. Sands, J.M., Ulven, C.A., Palmese, G.R., LaScala, J.J. (2003) Approaches to Reduced Styrene Emission in Vinyl Ester Resin Formulation. 48th International SAMPE Symposium and Exhibition Proceedings, Vol. 48, pp. 593-601.
6. Hosur, M.V., Vaidya, U.K., Ulven, C.A., Mayer, A., and Jeelani, S. (2003) Ballistic Impact Response of Woven Carbon/Epoxy Composites. 48th International SAMPE Symposium and Exhibition Proceedings, Vol. 48, pp. 1348-1356.
7. Pillay, S., Vaidya, U.K., Bartus, S., Ulven, C.A., Janowski, G.M., and Gleich, K. (2003) Blunt Object Impact Damage Resistance Of Long Fiber Thermoplastic (LFT) Composites. ANTEC 2003: Annual Technical Conference Proceedings, Vol. 2, pp. 2161-6124.
8. Bartus, S., *Ulven, C.A., Vaidya, U.K., Pillay, S., Janowski, G.M., and Gleich, K. (2003) Process Simulation of Structural Long Fiber Thermoplastic (LFT) Composites with Features of Geometrical Complexity. ANTEC 2003: Annual Technical Conference Proceedings, Vol. 2, pp. 2115-2119.
9. S. Bartus et al., 2003. “Impact Response of Long Fiber Reinforced Thermoplastic.” International Conference on Composite Materials, San Diego, CA, July 14-18
10. S. Bartus et al., 2003. “Process Simulation of Structural Long Fiber Thermoplastic Composites with Features of Geometrical Complexity.” ANTEC Technical Conference. Nashville, TN, May 4-8
11. *Ulven, C.A., Vaidya, U. K., and Hosur, M.V. (2002) Effect of Projectile Shape during Ballistic Perforation of VARTM Carbon/Epoxy Composite Panels. 34th International SAMPE Technical Conference: Vol. 34, CD-ROM Proceedings, Baltimore, MD.
12. Vaidya, U.K., Pillay, S., Ulven, C.A., Janowski, J.M., and Hosur, M.V. (2002) Low Velocity Impact and Vibration Response of Multi-Functional Sandwich Plates. 17th Annual Technical American Society for Composites Conference Proceedings: Paper ID 026, Lafayette, IN.
13. Vaidya, U.K., *Ulven, C.A., and Hosur, M.V. (2002) Ballistic Limit of VARTM Process Carbon Epoxy Composites. Contemporary Research in Theoretical and Applied Mechanics Conference: 14th US National Congress and Theoretical and Applied Mechanics, Editors R.C.Batra and E.G.Henneke (ISBN 0-9721257-0-1), Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, VA, pp.364.
14. J.C. Serrano and U.K. Vaidya*. In-plane Debond Response of Vacuum Assisted Resin Transfer Molded Carbon Fiber Sheets on Concrete Substrates, Structural Faults & Repair Conference. July 2003. London, UK.
15. J.C Serrano, N. Udddin*, A. Khotpal and U. Vaidya. Structural Characterization of Hybrid Fiber Reinforced Polymer (FRP) Autoclave Aerated Concrete (AAC) Panels. Second International Workshop on Structural Composites for Infrastructure Applications. Cairo. Egypt, December 2003.
16. J.C Serrano, U. Vaidya, N. Uddin* and M. Shohel. Low Cost Girder Strengthening Using VARTM: A case study with I-565 Highway Bridge. Second International workshop on Structural Composites for Infrastructure Applications. Cairo. Egypt, December 2003.
17. J.C Serrano, N. Udddin, A. Khotpal* and U. Vaidya. Performance Evaluation of Fiber Reinforced Polymer (FRP)-AAC Sandwich Beams. Developments in Theoretical and Applied Mechanics. Vol XXII. Center for Advanced Materials (T-CAM) Tuskegee University. 2004
18. J.C Serrano*, U. Vaidya, A. Khotpal and N. Uddin. Hybrid Fiber Reinforced Polymer (FRP) – Autoclave Aerated Concrete (AAC) ASC/ASTM-D30 Joint 19th Annual Technical Conference. Atlanta, GA. October 2004.
19. Haibin Ning, Gregg M. Janowski, and Uday K. Vaidya, Design and manufacturing of Thermoplastic Body Panels for Mass Transit, 2004 ASME International Mechanical Engineering Congress and RD&D Expo, Anaheim, California, 2004
20. R.Sriram, U.K.Vaidya. “Blast Impact on Aluminum Foam Composite Sandwich Panels”, 8th International LS-DYNA Users Conference 2004, Michigan, USA
21. R.Sriram, U.K.Vaidya, J.E.Kim. “Blast Impact on Aluminum foam Sandwich Composite”, 22nd Southeastern Conference on Theoretical and Applied Mechanics (SECTAM) 2004, Tuskegee, USA
22. S Bartus, R.Sriram, UK Vaidya, “Ballistic Impact Resistance of Kevlar / Metal Foam Sandwich Composites”, Symposium on Dynamic Response of Advanced Materials (ASME IMECE 2004) 2004, California, USA
23. U.K.Vaidya, R.Sriram. “Vibration Damping of Glass/Polypropylene Thermoplastic Composites”, Society for the Advancement of Material and Process Engineering (SAMPE)-2004 Conference, California, USA
24. U.K.Vaidya, R.Sriram, H.Ricks. “Vibration Damping Studies in Metal Foam Composite Sandwich Plate Subjected to Impact”, Conference on Sound and Vibration-2003, Stockholm, Sweden
25. U. Vaidya, R Jain and A. Haque. Carbon Nanofiber Modified Carbon-Carbon Composites. ASC/ASTM 19th Technical Conference, Oct. 17-20 (2004), Atlanta, GA.
26. R. Jain, U. K. Vaidya, and A. Haque. Processing and Characterization of Carbon-Carbon Nanofiber Composites. 11th US-Japan Conference on Composite Materials, Sept. 9-11 (2004), Yamagata University, Yonezawa, Yamagata,Japan.
27. R. Jain, U. K. Vaidya, and A. Haque. Matrix Modification of Carbon-Carbon Composites with Carbon Nanofibers. 2005 MRS SPRING MEETING March 28-April 1 -- San Francisco, CA, (Abstract submitted for the Conference Presentation and Proceedings on Nov. 2004)
28. Chad A. Ulven, Rahul Jain, Uday K. Vaidya, James M. Sands, John J. La Scala, Joshua A. Orlicki. Emission Modeling of Styrene from Vinyl Ester Resin. Global Plastics Environmental Conference, GPEC 2005, Feb. 24-25 (2005) Atlanta, GA, (Abstract submitted for the Conference Presentation and Proceedings on Nov. 2004)
29. U.K. Vaidya, F.Samalot*, and K.Gleich. Reinforced Thermoplastic Composites for Floor Structure of Mass Transit Applications. Antec Proceedings. (2004).
30. U.K Vaidya, P. Dutta, A.A.Villalobos*, and J.C. Serrano-Perez. Finite Element Analysis of PVC Sheetpiles under Hydrostatic and Geotechnical Loading. Proceedings of the Huntsville Simulation Conference HSC 2004 "Simulation - The Matrix of Innovation". Huntsville, AL, 2004
31. U Vaidya, J Serrano*, S Pillay. Low Velocity Impact of Single Diaphragm Formed C/PPS Laminates. SAMPE Long Beach. May 2005.
32. U. Vaidya, A Villalobos, J Serrano. Design and Analysis of Polyvinyl Chloride Sheet Piles for Waterfront Protection. SAMPE Long Beach. May 2005.
1. Vaidya, U.K., Ulven, C.A., Pillay, S., and Ricks, H. (UAB), Just-Agosto, F. and Velasquez, M. (UPRM), Nelson, S. and Young, W. (NDSU) (2003) Design and Performance of Multi-Functional Sandwich Composites. NSF Design, Service, and Manufacturing Grantees and Research Conference, Birmingham, AL, (Poster Nugget Presentation).
2. Vaidya, U.K., Young, W., Ulven, C.A., Hosur, M.V., and Myers, D. (2000) U.S. Army Research Laboratory (USARL), Aberdeen Proving Grounds: Processing and Sensing for Integral Armor and Thick Section Composites. Fifth Year Review of Tuskegee University Research Consortium on Intelligent Resin Transfer Molding for Integral Armor Applications.
3. Rahul Jain, Chad Ulven, Uday K. Vaidya, James M. Sands, John J. La Scala, Joshua A. Orlicki. Effect of Temperature, Styrene Content, Resin Depth, and Molecular Weight of Resin on the Emission Behavior of Styrene from Vinyl Ester Resins. Global Plastics Environmental Conference, GPEC 2005, Feb. 24-25 (2005) Atlanta, GA, (Abstract submitted for Student Posters on Nov. 2004)