What to know about Registered Dietitians:
- Registered Dietitians focus on diseases that commonly burden a community such as obesity, diabetes, cancer, osteoporosis, and cardiovascular disease.
- Registered Dietitians treat and prevent diseases through the science and art of optimal nutritional care.
- Registered Dietitians can specialize in pediatrics, clinical research, wellness/prevention, exercise science, health education, health services administration, and public health.
- Registered Dietitians work in a variety of healthcare settings including hospitals, healthcare and government agencies, food industries, restaurants, schools, and private practice.
- Registered Dietitians use the science of nutrition in relation to maintaining the health of individuals and populations and also in relation to the care and treatment of individuals with a variety of diseases.
Degrees in Nutrition
M.S. of Clinical Nutrition
Ph.D. in Nutrition Sciences