If you are undecided about your major, you will enter UAB as an Undeclared student. You will work closely with your Exploratory Studies academic advisor to fulfill core curriculum requirements while you explore major options. Throughout your time in Exploratory Studies your advisor will:
- provide clear outlines for academic programs;
- help you develop a plan to fulfill requirements in an efficient, timely manner;
- determine a timeline for attaining your goals;
- evaluate your progress toward your major; and
- connect you with career professionals through shadowing and volunteer opportunities
Click on the videos below to listen to current student Bradley Watts discuss what to expect from your Undeclared advisor and how his advisor helped him.
Before you meet with your advisor at New Student Orientation or your first advising session please download and fill out the Educational Planning Survey (EPS). This document provides information that will help you and your advisor make specific plans to maximize your educational experience. Note that if you completed the EPS during Orientation you will not need to complete it again.
Please call 205-934-6135 to schedule an appointment with your Exploratory Studies Advisor.