If you are a currently enrolled UAB student and you are receiving VA benefits, you should...
- Remember to request your benefits for the terms you want to use them. (Need help, see Semester Certification or if you are familiar with the process go to the Veterans Benefit Request Form, https://sa.uab.edu/VA/VA_benefits
- Complete VA form 22-1995, the Request for Change of Program, if you change your major.
- Complete a Change of Address/Cancellation of Direct Deposit, VA form 4-572, to change your address or cancel your direct deposit.
- Remember that VA will only pay for courses that are required for your major, and VA will only pay one time for you to repeat a course.
- Verify monthly enrollment status with the VA on the last day of every month (Chapters 30, 1606 and 1607 via
- If you need to drop a class during the semester, please follow the standard UAB procedure. The UAB-VA Office will receive a report indicating your change, so you do not need to contact the office.
- For Chapters 30, 35, 1606 or 1607 - if you receive an overpayment as a result of the course change, the VA will decrease your next payment to compensate for the overpayment.
- Chapter 33 - if you receive an overpayment, it is your responsibility to repay VA. If you fail to pay the VA, they will decrease the Tuition and Fee payment to the school for the next semester you are enrolled.