Approved Training under each GI Bill
* Individuals electing the Post-9/11 GI Bill by relinquishing eligibility under the MGIB, MGIB-SR, or REAP can be paid benefits for these types of training. Entitlement is charged under Post-9/11, paid at the relinquished benefit rate.
- Degree programs and certificate programs offered by an IHL are approved training under the Post-9/11 GI Bill. An IHL is defined as an Institution of Higher Learning - or a degree granting institution. Certificate and diploma programs offered by institutions that do not grant degrees are not covered. UAB is an IHL.
- If you are enrolled entirely in an online or distance learning program your payment is limited to the tuition & fees not to exceed the tuition & fees at the most expensive in-state Institution of Higher Learning (IHL). You will not receive the housing allowance.
- If your training is offered at an IHL you may be eligible for Post-9/11 GI Bill benefits.
- Limited to one test.
- Non College Degree (NCD) program. An NCD program offered at an IHL is approved. If offered at other than an IHL it is not approved.