You must request to use your benefits for each term you want to use VA Educational Benefits. This process is separate from WAVE, and it cannot replace the WAVE verification for students receiving Chapter 30, 1606 or 1607benefits.
How to Request to Use Your VA Educational Benefits
This is a simple process that can be completed from any internet connected computer by following the instructions listed below.
- Access the UAB Veterans Services Benefit Request Form using this URL, https://sa.uab.edu/VA/VA_benefits. You will need your Blazer ID and password to access the page.
- Once logged in, you will see terms for which you may request benefits, along with your currently-registered hours. Select "yes" from the dropdown if you wish to request benefits for that semester. Please note that you can select benefits for more than one semester.
- After completing the form, please scroll down and click the "Save Changes" button. Failure to complete this step will delay the processing of your enrollment certification.
- Completing this form will not certify you with the regional VA office, however it does tell the UAB-VA staff you want to use your benefits for the terms you have indicated.
- After the form is received, the UAB-VA staff will send your enrollment certification (22-1999) form for the terms you are enrolled to the regional Veterans Affairs Office, Decatur, Georgia.
- You will receive an e-mail notification when your enrollment certification has been processed.
If you have questions about the process or the form, please contact UAB Veterans Affairs at (205) 934-8804 or email@example.com.