UAB Veterans Services
The staff of Veterans Services at the University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB) is grateful to be able to serve students who have served in the United States Armed Forces and who are now attending college using one or more of the Educational Benefits packages. We are also here to assist the dependents and/or spouses of soldiers. You have protected our freedom, and we are here to help you get a better education.
Veterans Services works closely with the Department of Veterans Affairs to offer various entitlement programs to students who have served in the military on active duty, are members of the Reserves or National Guard, or are dependents or spouses of veterans.
We provide the following services:
- Interpreting federal regulations
- Certifying courses and credit hours for MGIB, Chapter 30; Post 9/11, Chapter 33; DEA, Chapter 35; MGIB-SR, Chapter 1606; and REAP, Chapter 1607
- Serving as point of contact for the Alabama GI Dependent Scholarship Program, Tuition Assistance and Alabama National Guard Educational Assistance Program (ANGEAP)
- Helping veterans to navigate the UAB system
- Assisting veterans and dependents with the VA Tutorial Program and the VA Work Study Program
- Assisting with pay concerns
- Monitoring academic performance
- Making referrals