NOTE: DEADLINES ARE FIRM AND APPLY TO ALL STUDENTS.
Adding Courses After Initial Registration and Before Classes Begin
If you wish to add a course after you have registered and until the drop/add deadline, you will not be charged a change of course fee.
You may add courses online through BlazerNET
- If you have special circumstances and need to register in person, you may do so at Room 204 HUC. Registration forms are available in the lobby.
Adding Courses After Classes Begin
Beginning the first day of class (see Academic Dates
), you will not be charged a change of course fee as long as you have previously registered during early or open registration. If you have not previously registered, you will be charged a $25 late registration fee beginning on the first day of class.
You may add or register for courses online through BlazerNET
- Any applicable fees will be automatically charged upon your course submissions.
- Please keep in mind that instructor permission is required to add a course if the class has met its seat capacity, i.e. if there is a "C" on the Class Search page.
- You will need to bring a signed add/drop form to the Registrar's Office, Room 204 HUC to add a closed class.
If you wish to drop a course for which you have registered, you may do so online through BlazerNET
until the last add/drop date. You will not be charged a drop fee if completed before the drop/add deadline (given that registration was completed before classes began). Please check important Academic Dates
You cannot withdraw by simply not attending classes!
Conduct all registration through BlazerNET
- If you are unable to drop online, please see your advisor.
Removing yourself from a course is considered a withdrawal anytime after the add/drop deadline through the withdrawal deadline.
If you withdraw from a course, you are still responsible for all tuition and fees associated with the course(s). You will receive a "W" on your academic transcript for each withdrawn course. Please check important Academic Dates for all dates.
You may withdraw from classes online through BlazerNET
. Please contact the Registrar's Office, 207 HUC, if you encounter any problems before any applicable deadlines.
In extraordinary circumstances, if it is impossible for you to follow normal procedures, you may mail, fax (205-975-6168), or scan/email (email@example.com) a letter to the registrar.
On the request, please include:
- your full name
- student number (B0xxxxxxx)
- statement of intent to withdraw
- list the class(es) including the CRN(s) from which you would like to withdraw
- contact information (including phone, email, and address)
- and a written signature.
Please note that the request may not be processed without a valid written signature.
Provided that the withdrawal would not violate any academic rules, your request will be honored, and the official date of withdrawal will be the date your letter is received in the Registrar's Office.