UAB students are now able to take care of their room assignments, roommate selection, housing contracts, and housing changes/updates on the web. No more leaving it to chance! Take control of your living arrangements with MyHousing @ UAB.
Campus Housing for upperclass students is currently full. If you wish to complete an application and be placed on a waiting list for an empty space, please do so by logging in to MyHousing below. We do not anticipate turning to the waiting list until after fall classes begin.
Log in to complete an online application for UAB student housing.
*Please log in with Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox. Other browsers may not function correctly with the MyHousing system.
*MyHousing will function only if you have disabled pop-up blockers within your browser.
The UAB MyHousing system allows students to do the following:
- Apply for on-campus housing through an online application.
- Submit housing deposits online
- Online self-selection of roommates and bedrooms (for upperclassmen)
- Sign housing contract agreements online (no lag time for contract returns as under former paper contract process)
- Ability for upperclassmen to change rooms/buildings without having to contact the office and wait for "next round" of assignments to be completed
- Roommate matching option with automated preference-matching for freshmen/transfers with no roommate preferences
What You Will Need To Complete Your Application:
- A BlazerID. If you sign up for a BlazerID today, you should gain access to the MyHousing system tomorrow.
- A credit card (Visa, Mastercard, American Express, or Discover) to pay the application fee.
- Wednesday, January 19, 2011, at noon: Admitted freshmen may begin applying for housing. Students will pay a $25 application fee.
- Tuesday, February 1, 2011, at 8:00 a.m.: All accepted students and current students may begin applying for housing. Students will submit the $25 application fee, electronically sign their housing contract, and submit a $250 prepay. Current housing residents will select their rooms and roommates in MyHousing.
- Tuesday, February 8, 2011: Freshmen who applied for housing in January will receive e-mail to log in to MyHousing, electronically sign their housing contract, and submit a $250 prepay.
- May 1, 2011: Roommate requests are due in MyHousing (all students)
- May 31, 2011: Roommate assignments are available in MyHousing for freshmen.
- Late July 2011: Roommate assignments are available in MyHousing for all other new students.
Contact Student Housing and Residential Life
If you have questions about using the MyHousing system, please contact us via one of the below methods:
Fax: (205) 975-7297
8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. (M-F)