Blazer Non-Resident Scholarship
New freshmen may be considered for a limited number of non-resident scholarships once they are accepted to UAB. The non-resident scholarship is a one-time award in the amount of $1,000, $2,500, or $5,000. Consideration is based on academic achievement, leadership, service, and extracurricular activities. The deadline to submit an application for the fall 2011 was February 1, 2011.
The application deadline has passed.
New freshmen are automatically considered for all university-wide academic scholarships once they are accepted to UAB. All scholarships are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis as funds are available, and are renewable for four years. It is important that you apply early and are admitted to UAB by May 1. Apply on-line at www.uab.edu/apply.
- Based on academic achievement (28-36 ACT and at least 3.0 GPA)
- Based on academic achievement (26-27 ACT and at least 3.0 GPA)
- Based on academic achievement (24-25 ACT and at least 3.0 GPA)
National Merit/National Achievement/National Hispanic Scholars: To receive the scholarship, students must name UAB as their first choice with the National Merit Scholarship Corporation.
- Full tuition, required fees, and housing (up to 15 hours per semester) for a total of 8 semesters (fall and spring)
- A $2,500 stipend to be used for Experiential Learning (Study Away, internships, co-ops, etc.)
To view equivalent SAT test scores (Critical Reading + Math only), please refer to the ACT-SAT Concordance.
NOTE: Students receiving UAB merit based scholarships are required to live on campus for their first year of enrollment.