Freshman Housing Scholarships:
New freshmen may be considered for a limited number of On-campus Housing scholarships once they are accepted to UAB. On-campus Housing scholarships are awarded in the amount of $2,000. Consideration is based on academic achievement, leadership, service, and extracurricular activities. The deadline to submit an application for the fall 2011 was February 1, 2011.
The application deadline has passed.
AP Achievement and Recognition Awards for Birmingham City High School Seniors
Up to 20 deserving students will receive an AP Achievement Award, which will provide full tuition and required fees (up to 15 credit hours per semester for fall and spring terms only) for a total of 4 years (eight academic semesters). Up to 50 students will receive an AP Recognition Award, which will provide a one-time award of $1,000.
Qualifications for consideration:
- Must be admitted to UAB by March 1, 2011
- Must complete the FAFSA by March 1, 2011
- Must enroll or be enrolled in a minimum of two AP courses
- Must earn grades of B or higher on all AP coursework
- Must earn a score of 3 or higher on a minimum of two subsequent AP exams (minimum score is not required for the AP Recognition Award)
- Must submit an AP Achievement and Recognition Awards Application by March 1, 2011
For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application for AP Achievement and Recognition Awards for Birmingham City High School Seniors
New freshmen are automatically considered for all university-wide academic scholarships upon admission to UAB. All scholarships are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis as funds are available, and are renewable for four years. To be eligible, you must be admitted to UAB by December 1. Apply on-line at www.uab.edu/apply.
Presidential Scholarships, Presidential Recognition Awards, and Endowed Scholarships
- From $7,000 to full tuition (up to 15 credit hours per term), required fees, and on-campus housing
- Based on academic achievement (33-36 ACT and at least 3.0 GPA) AND submission of the supplemental scholarship application sent to you if admitted by December 1 (mailing begins on a rolling basis in mid-October). These scholarships are highly competitive and limited in number.
Golden Excellence Scholarship
- Based on academic achievement (28-32 ACT and at least 3.3 GPA)
Collegiate Honors Scholarship
- Based on academic achievement (25-27 ACT and at least 3.5 GPA)
UAB Breakthrough Scholarship
- Based on academic achievement (24 ACT and at least 3.5 GPA)
UAB Academic Achievement Scholarship
- Based on academic achievement
- 24-27 ACT and 3.0-3.49 GPA
- 28-32 ACT and 3.0-3.29 GPA
National Merit/National Achievement/National Hispanic Scholars: To receive the scholarship, students must name UAB as their first choice with the National Merit Scholarship Corporation.
- Full tuition, required fees, and housing (up to 15 credit hours per semester)
- A $2,500 stipend to be used for Experiential Learning (Study Away, internships, co-ops, etc.)
To view equivalent SAT test scores (Critical Reading + Math only), please refer to the ACT-SAT Concordance.
NOTE: Students receiving UAB merit based scholarships are required to live on campus for their first year of enrollment.