Students must be enrolled or accepted for enrollment in a program leading to a degree or certificate from UAB. Students admitted as Special, Temporary, Transient, Post Baccalaureate, and Non-Degree Graduate do not meet this requirement. Students will not be paid retroactively for terms in which they were classified as ineligible.
Programs require different levels of enrollment. The list below can be used to determine your status.
- Full time: twelve or more credit hours
- 3/4 time: nine to eleven credit hours
- 1/2-time: six to eight credit hours
- Full time: nine or more credit hours
- 3/4 time: six to eight credit hours
- 1/2-time: five credit hours
To receive a financial aid disbursement, you must be enrolled and attending classes and in compliance with the satisfactory academic progress policies at the time of disbursement.