The Commons on the Green, UAB’s upscale new dining facility, is offering faculty, staff and students a wide variety of meal options sure to whet any appetite.
The Commons will be running full steam ahead when classes begin Tuesday, Aug. 22, with formal grand opening ceremonies scheduled for Tuesday, Sept. 12.
Hours of operation in the facility’s lower level will be 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. and 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Friday and 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. and 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. The Diner and QuickZone C-Store on the second level of the Commons will be open 2 p.m. to 2 a.m. Monday through Sunday.
Breakfast and lunch are priced and served a la carte weekdays at the Commons. Dinner during the week and brunch and dinner on weekends are priced as all you can eat. Weekend brunch is $6.95 and dinner is $7.95 and count as one block from the meal plan.
Among the tastes that will be available at the Commons on the Green:
• International: Featuring authentic recipes from around the world.
• Pizza: Fresh-baked pizzas, calzones, pepperoni rolls and more.
• Pasta: Choose your pasta, sauce and topping!
• Classics: Home-style entrees and fresh vegetables.
• Grill: Made-to-order burgers, Panini and quesadini sandwiches and more.
• Deli: The best cold cuts and accompaniments.
• Vegan and salad bar: Providing a traditional salad bar with a wide array of vegan salads and more.
• Weekend brunch: Sleep in before enjoying stalwart brunch favorites.
• Catering services: With an expanded kitchen and state-of-the-art equipment, on-campus catering will hit the spot every time.
In addition, the Commons will have a variety of vegetarian foods to choose from. The soup and salad bar also will feature a vegan section and a wide array of Mediterranean offerings such as fresh hummus, baba ghanoush and tabouli.
For a complete lineup of food offerings, information on meal plans for faculty, staff, students and more, visit www.uab.edu/dining. Bon appetite!