Provost Eli Capilouto, D.M.D., said members have been appointed to a search committee to identify a new dean for the UAB School of Business; the group’s organizational meeting was held in July.
Chaired by Linda Lucas, Ph.D., dean of the School of Engineering, the committee will work with Nick Brill of the search firm Brill Neurnann Associates Inc. to attract a new dean.
In addition to School of Business Affirmative Action Officer Eric Jack, Ph.D., and Faculty Senate representative Warren Martin, Ph.D., six faculty from Business were selected:
• Richard Burns, Ph.D., professor in Finance, Economics & Quantitative Methods
• Sarah Culver, Ph.D., associate professor in Finance, Economics & Quantitative Methods
• Jack Duncan, Ph.D., professor in Management, Marketing & Industrial Distribution
• Karen Kennedy, Ph.D., associate professor in Management, Marketing & Industrial Distribution
• Deborah Tanju, Ph.D., professor in Accounting & Information Systems
• Bor-yi Tsay, Ph.D., professor in Accounting & Information Systems
Four university representatives were appointed:
• Louis Dale, Ph.D., vice president for Equity and Diversity
• Bryan Noe, Ph.D., dean, UAB Graduate School
• Lisa Schwiebert, Ph.D., associate professor in Physiology & Biophysics
• Philip Way, Ph.D., associate provost for Undergraduate Programs
In addition, five members of the community are participating:
• Charles Collat, Electric Supply Company
• Tom Hamby, AT&T-Alabama
• Robert Hoak, Wachovia Bank
•Dudley Reynolds, Alabama Gas Corp.
• Daniel Sandsone, Vulcan Materials Co.
Two School of Business students, Sarah Malcom and Shannae Kelly, also were included.