The Physician Resource Office (PRO) in the UAB Health System was created to provide comprehensive health and wellness services for MDs, PhDs, Dentists, and their respective residents and students.
To demonstrate the UAB Health System’s commitment to professional well being.
PRO hopes to increase the medical professional’s awareness of the importance for self care in the midst of a career dedicated to caring for others. By addressing matters of physician health, UAB’s PRO hopes to encourage faculty and students to promptly seek attention and be aware of their own health needs!
In addition to prevention and education services, the PRO assists with treatment planning, return to work issues, and monitoring for physicians needing continuing care.
2. Comprehensive one-on-one assessments
3. Short-term individual counseling
4. Group sessions to process such issues as managing difficult patients and families, dealing with the death of a patient, etc.
5. Team building exercises
6. Enrichment workshops
7. CME conferences
8. Continuing care monitoring
9. Consultation on policy development and implementation.
* Family Systems
* Boundary Setting
* Managing Stress
* Anger Management
* Physician-Nurse Relationship
* The Troubled Physician
For information on Physician Resources
Contact Adrianne Raymond