The UAB Pre-Nursing Scholars Program is for academically talented native UAB students who are classified as pre-nursing students. A native UAB student is a student who has attended UAB for all university coursework.
- Meet the specifications of a native UAB student.
- Maintain a minimum BSN Foundation GPA of 3.2, a minimum overall GPA of 3.0, and a minimum grade of "C" for all required pre-nursing courses at time of application to the School of Nursing.
- Maintain a minimum BSN Foundation GPA of 3.2, a minimum overall GPA of 3.0, and a minimum grade of "C" for all required pre-nursing courses at time of admission to the School of Nursing.
- Applicants must:
a) Be classified as a pre-nursing student.
b) Have met with their assigned pre-nursing advisor for advisement.
c) Have obtained the BSN application information from their pre-nursing advisor.
Applicants who meet all of these eligibility requirements will be admitted to the School of Nursing's BSN program at time of application as long as the 3.2 BSN Foundation GPA, the 3.0 Overall UAB GPA and a minimum grade of "C" in all required pre-nursing courses is maintained after all BSN pre-nursing courses have been completed and posted. Applicants must also meet all usual BSN admission requirements including: obtaining the medical clearance; being certified in CPR; being free of any financial, administrative or academic holds; and adhering to posted deadlines.
- AP, CLEP and IB credit posted on the student's UAB transcript.
- Dual-Enrollment courses taken while a high school student.
- Courses taken between graduating from high school and enrolling as a UAB freshman (one semester, 12-15 credit maximum).
- Courses approved, in advance, through the official UAB "Transient" form process; this includes final approval by the SON.
For additional information please contact the Student Affairs Office, School of Nursing, @ 205-975-7529 or visit our web site www.uab.edu/son/