AMNP Admission Process
To apply to the AMNP for second degree students, the following are submitted directly to the School of Nursing at UAB:
- Standardized Test Scores
- Official transcripts from each school attended
- Two letters of professional reference
- Submission of an application to the School of Nursing with requested supporting documents by the posted deadline.
- Completion of all nursing prerequisites.
- A minimum grade of "C" in all pre-nursing courses.
- A minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Standardized Test Scores if GPA < 3.2.
- (Choose one) (GRE combined score: 1000, MAT: 410, or GMAT: 480). Test scores submitted to UAB from the GRE, GMAT, or MAT must not be more than 5 years old.
- Admission decisions will be based on the applicant's academic record, supporting documents, and AMNP application at the time of the application deadline.
- Admission is contingent upon successful completion of a baccalaureate degree and the pre-nursing foundation courses.
Prior to Enrollment
- CPR certification as a health care professional
- Medical clearance from UAB Student Health Services
GRE/GMAT/MAT -- Waiver Process for degree seeking MSN students
GRE -- Graduate Record Examination
GMAT-- Graduate Management Admission Test
MAT -- Miller Analogies Test