Degree Seeking Students: Submit a completed online application for admission and the non-refundable processing fee of $45 ($60 for international applications) with the following exceptions: $60 for domestic MBA/MaC applications, $75 for international MBA/MaC applications, $70 for domestic MSHA applications, $85 for international MSHA, $60 for domestic SOPH dual programs (MPH/MBA, MPH/MPA, MPH/MSN, MPH/MSW, MPH/JD, MPH/OD, MPH/PhD, MSPH/PhD, MPH/MD) applications and $75 for international SOPH dual programs (MPH/MBA, MPH/MPA, MPH/MSN, MPH/MSW, MPH/JD, MPH/OD, MPH/PhD, MSPH/PhD, MPH/MD) applications. All other SOPH programs should apply via SOPHAS at www.sophas.org. Applications and records will not be processed until the fee has been received. Applicants to any UAB graduate program are required to pay an application fee each time an application is filed, with the exception of domestic applicants to PhD programs since the application fee is waived. Applicants who have been denied admission and seek admission to the same or any other program at a later time will be required to pay the application fee.
Non-Degree Seeking Students: All nondegree online applications must be completed 48 hours prior to the time that you wish to register. Financial aid is not available for nondegree students.
• For Business Administration and Accounting courses, contact the school of Business at 934-8815. Candidates interested in nondegree seeking admission must meet admission requirements for the MBA program. We will require a resume, copies of transcripts, and GMAT scores along with the application. We will acccept candidates with terminal degrees who have not taken the GMAT. The option to enter as nondegree seeking will be offered to candidates who miss the application deadline for applying to the MBA program but who submit all materials prior to the beginning of the term and meet admission requirements, provided that there are seats available.
• For Public Administration courses, call 934-2339. Nondegree applications for these courses will not be processed in the Graduate School without written approval from the Department of Public Administration.
• To register for graduate level courses, students admitted as nondegree students must obtain a permission override from the instructor/department which is entered into the UAB system prior to registration. The student will then register online through BlazerNet at https://blazernet.uab.edu/cp/home/displaylogin.
• Nondegree students who would like to enroll in courses offered by the School of Education may obtain advising in the School of Education Building, Room 100, or by calling 934-7530.
• All international students submitting a nondegree application must: 1) submit online nondegree application; 2) please submit your visa status to the ISSS Office in order to verify eligibility for part time study (certain visa types are prohibited from part time study); and 3) submit evidence of bachelor's degree to the Graduate School, HUC 511, for approval.
NOTE: ETS is revising the current GRE general test. If you need GRE general test scores to be reported before November 2011, then you should take the current GRE general test before August 2011. If tests are taken between August and November 2011, the score reporting will be delayed until mid-November, 2011. Please contact ETS (www.ets.org) for more information.