The UAB Post-Surgical Bariatric Medicine Clinic offers nutritional and GI medical care for patients who have undergone bariatic surgery. Available services include GI evaluations and treatment when appropriate, complete nutritional assessments, dietary counseling by a registered dietitian, and one-on-one counseling with a GI/Nutrition physician specialist. Assistance with post- bypass weight control, consultation with a personal trainer, nutrition management plan are also available.
To enroll in the Post Surgical Bariatric Medicine Clinic, take the following steps:
- Obtain referral from physician office
- Complete patient registration online at RemedyMD - Click Here to register
- Please acquire surgery records, recent labs and medical records. Bring these with you for your initial consultation.
- Please bring a list of current medications.
- Call 205-934-5564 to obtain your new patient clinic appointment.
Only patients who register with eatright.remedymd.com will be given an initial appointment. If you are having difficulty with the registration process or accessing forms please call 205-934-5564 for assistance.