The EatRight Lifestyle Program is a 24-week lifestyle-oriented weight control program. The 24 weeks consists of the initial EatRight lifestyle intervention of 12 weeks and then EatRight for Life for continued support. EatRight Lifestyle is designed to beat the odds of the weight-loss battle, allowing participants to lose weight and keep it off by easing into new eating and activity habits.
There is an initial assessment consisting of lab work, metabolic testing and then an evaluation by our physician, dietitian, an exercise trainerand behaviorist to determine the best course of treatment. The initial assessment is covered by ,ost insuracne plans, the Lifestyle classes are paid out of pocket.
The program is medically safe and supervised by physicians board-certified in clinical nutrition. EatRight is taught by registered dietitians.
EatRight is more than just a diet. It's a plan that will put participants in control of their weight for life. The average weight loss for a program is 4% to 5% (8 to 25 pounds depending on the amount of weight the individual needs to lose). The multifaceted program includes extensive nutrition education such as:
- substitute foods and behaviors that contribute to weight gain with healthy choices to keep participants fit for life;
- dietary patterns that can reduce the risk of developing diseases that threaten a healthy life and lifestyle;
- food and recipes that taste as good as they are good for the body in a program that the entire family will enjoy;
- enjoyable exercises to increase metabolism, making weight loss easier;
- emotional support from the EatRight staff and fellow participants.
The program emphasizes foods such as:
- whole fruits
- high-fiber foods
- lean meats
- low-fat dairy products
- heart-healthy fats
Please complete the following steps in order to register for an EatRight Lifestyle class:
1. Call (205) 934-7053 to speak to a member of our staff.
2. All participants must register with RemedyMD before attending their first class. Follow this link to register: RemedyMD Registration