OPTIFAST® is a complete meal replacement system that is designed for people who need to lose at least 50 pounds.
Those with moderate to high risk medical problems associated with being overweight are ideal candidates for this 1 year program.
In its standard form, the program includes:
- 12 weeks of complete meal replacement
- 6 weeks of transition to solid food using the EatRight Lifestyle principles
- 12 weeks of nutrition and behavioral counseling in the EatRight Lifestyle Program
- 24 weeks of EatRight for Life.
Payment options 18 week plan
For those who have less than 50 lbs to lose and have made several attempts to lose weight with a regular lifestyle diet and intervention program.
We also offer a 9 week option:
- 6 weeks of complete meal replacement
- 3 weeks of transition to solid food using the EatRight Lifestyle prinicples
- 12 weeks behavioral counseling in the EatRight Lifestyle Program.
Payment options 9 week plan
Dr. Jamy Ard directs the OPTIFAST program, and the program is administered by EatRight registered dietitians and licensed lifestyle counselors.
PLEASE NOTE: All patients must register with eatright.remedymd.com before their initial visit. Please use the link above to access their website.
EatRight OPTIFAST Success Stories
Follow the link above to read about others' success through the OPTIFAST program at UAB.
EatRight Fitness Options
EatRight's Fitness Option offers participants safe, challenging fitness programs to help them meet their weight loss goals by taking on new fitness challenges
OPTIFAST requires close medical supervision during the first 18 weeks, and the program includes weekly medical visits and weekly group counseling classes.