UAB Campus Restaurants provides an exciting and innovative dining services program for the entire UAB community. You’ll find great food, honest values, and a comfortable atmosphere in which to enjoy it all. You have a variety of restaurants to choose from, all conveniently located within walking distance of on-campus housing, the Recreation Center, labs/classrooms and many off-campus apartments.
Dining on campus provides the social experience essential to campus life. It gives you the opportunity to gather with friends, take study breaks, hang out, relax and unwind after a hard day of classes and activities. Come dine with UAB Campus Restaurants and enjoy the comfort, convenience, outstanding food, and inviting atmosphere all designed especially for you.
2010-2011 Meal Plans & Rates
||Number of Meals per Week (average)
||Cost per Semester
||16 per semester
UAB requires that the following students purchase a meal plan during fall and spring semesters:
- *Students residing in freshman housing must choose plan 1 or 2**
- All other students residing in on-campus housing must choose from plans 1 through 6
*Students who meet all three of the following criteria are classified as first time UAB freshmen and will be assigned to freshman housing for the academic year in question if they choose to reside on campus:
- Student graduated high school within the last 4 academic years
- Student is transferring in less than 12 credit hours taken at another university post high school graduation
- Student has not attended UAB during a previous academic year, excluding the summer term immediately preceding the academic year in question
- Enrolled students not residing on campus may elect to purchase any one of the above meal plans during fall and spring semesters.
- Meals will be available on housing move-in day for the fall semester and the first day of class for the spring semester.
- Meals DO NOT roll over beyond the published cutoff date. Any unused Meals and implied dollar value remaining at the end of each semester will be forfeited.
- Students can use up to five (5) meals per day. This is done to prevent students from over spending their meals too early in the semester. If a student plans to have family on campus and would like to use more than five meals for their family to experience campus dining, they can make arrangements to do so through Campus Restaurants management.
Campus Dining Fee
UAB requires that the following students be assessed a $225 Campus Dining Fee as part of tuition and fees during fall and spring semester:
- All enrolled students residing in on-campus housing
- All undergraduate students taking twelve (12) or more credit hours who do not reside on campus
Campus Dining Fee funds will be accessed through the student's CampusCard Dining Dollars account. Dining Dollars will roll over during the terms included in one academic year (i.e. fall to spring to summer). On the last class day of summer semester, any unused Dining Dollars remaining in the student's account will be forfeited.
Campus Dining Locations
Dining Dollars and BlazerBucks can be used in all Sodexo managed campus dining facilities. These include the Commons on the Green, the Diner, Blazer Cafe and Jazzman’s/Freshens in the Hill University Center, the Grab-and-Go kiosk in the Business/Engineering Building, Starbucks in Sterne Library and the Campus Recreation Center Juice Bar.
Meals can be used in the Commons on the Green, the Diner and Blazer Café only. The Commons will serve weekday breakfasts and lunches priced al la carte and will provide all-you-care-to-eat service during dinner hours Monday through Friday and for Saturday and Sunday brunch and dinner.