UAB Career Services looks forward to working with you for a meaningful and productive career upon graduation and beyond. We provide expert advice and services to help guide you in your job search process. Contact career services for assistance with identifying the resources best suited to your specific needs.
All services are free to UAB students and begin upon your acceptance. Here are just a few of the resources designed to help you:
- One-on-one appointments with a career counselor to discuss your interests and abilities and to help you navigate through your career options. Counselors will administer and interpret career assessments, help you develop a career action plan, and answer any of your questions related to job search.
- Experiential opportunities including cooperative education, internships, mentorships, job shadowing, and volunteer positions, which increase your marketability.
- Online resume referral service where you will enter your resume, update it as you increase your skill sets, and select employers to whom you want to submit a resume and correspondence.
- A career resource library with books, videos, catalogs, software, and more to help you research professions and target employers.
- Ongoing seminars on topics such as job search strategies, resume writing, and interview techniques to maximize your career effectiveness.
- Career fairs to introduce you to employers interested in hiring UAB students.
- On campus interviews and information sessions by companies to increase your professional network and career options.
- A Career Services Web page which gives you easy access to job listings for full-time and part-time positions. The searchable list includes both on- and off-campus openings.
For complete details about services offered and begin the process, visit UAB Career Services online or call our office at 205-934-4324.