Imagine living within blocks of your classes and university activities, among people from various backgrounds, and in the heart of a vibrant community. By living in one of UAB’s residence halls, you will be connected to exciting opportunities. You’ll meet diverse people bound to become life-long friends. All residence halls are a short stroll to campus meetings, fitness facilities, theaters, and UAB athletic events. Your backyard will be filled with coffeehouses, restaurants, clubs, parks, and job opportunities just streets away. You will also be just minutes from museums, malls, professional sports, and much more.
MyHousing @ UAB is a new Web-based application and assignment service for UAB students. The deadline for incoming freshmen to apply for housing is January 23, 2012.
With the new online service, you may
- Select rooms
- Submit contracts
- Pre-pay contracts
- Receive immediate room-assignment notification
Watch for MyHousing news here and via e-mail, GreenMail and BlazerNET.
Explore the links below to learn more about UAB housing options.
The newest addition to UAB’s student housing communities is one of the finest residence halls in the South.
- Offering space to over 700 first-time freshmen, Blazer Hall is the right place to begin a college experience.
- Blazer Hall, a suite-style residence hall, offers a wide variety of amenities for college freshmen.
- Located a very short walk from the new Dining Commons and the Campus Recreation Center, it’s the perfect location for today’s active college student.
- Student housing at UAB is more than a place to stay. It is where our students live, learn, grow, and FOCUS!
- FOCUS, our Freshmen Experience Program, is designed to provide Freshmen Opportunities in Citizenship, Understanding, and Scholastics.
- University Business magazine declares Blazer Hall a "Dorm of Distinction" Click here for to read the full article.
Note: All first-year freshmen residing in an on-campus residence hall must participate in one of the meal plans by using their CampusCard. For more information on meal plans, visit www.uab.edu/dining which features hours of operation, menus at our various locations and upcoming promotional events! We hope you enjoy browsing and we look forward to seeing you at Campus Restaurants this upcoming academic year!
Want more out of your college experience?
THEME COMMUNITIES AT UAB
Our theme communities offer UAB students a way to come together within their residence halls to share common interests and ideas about making our campus, city, state, and world a better place to LIVE, GROW, and LEARN.
The Service Theme Community (ServeCom) offers students multiple opportunities to become involved through service to their floor, residence hall, campus, city, and state. As a member of ServeCom, you have the opportunity to contribute to the development of this community and its impact within Student Housing at UAB. Stay tuned for more updates on ServeCom. Click HERE to sign up today!
The Conservation/Sustainability Theme Community (GreenLight) offers residents a unique opportunity to identify, develop, and implement methods within the floor, residence hall, campus, and city to conserve, reuse, and replenish our precious and limited natural resources. As a member of GreenLight, you'll have substantial input in the evolution of this community on campus! Click HERE to sign up today!