Fully implementing the QEP will take several years, so over time you will see these changes to the undergraduate curriculum:
- Freshmen will read an annually selected Discussion Book that provides the focus for Freshman Discussion Groups the day before fall term begins and for relevant activities scheduled through the year.
- Improved advising and registration procedures will enhance your orderly progression through academic coursework.
- Restructured freshman composition and basic math courses will increase student engagement and academic performance.
- Freshman learning communities will offer an enriched First-Year Experience through linked, interdisciplinary courses based on a shared theme and supported by special co-curricular activities.
- Core curriculum courses will become more integrated with courses in your major to promote a more coherent educational experience.
- Specific courses will include more specific instruction in and/or practice of writing, quantitative literacy, or ethics and civic responsibility.
- A senior capstone course or experience will become part of every major to synthesize what you have studied at UAB.