1. Piyathilake CJ, Azrad M, Macaluso M, Henao OL, Johanning GL, Cornwell PE, Partridge EE and Heimburger DC. The Protective Association of MTHFR Polymorphism on Cervical Intraepithelial Neoplasia is Modified by Riboflavin Status. Nutrition. 2007 Mar;23(3):229-35.
2. Phipps SM, Berletch JB, Andrews LG, Tollefsbol TO. Aging cell culture: methods and observations. Methods Mol Biol. 2007;371:9-19.
3. Berletch JB, Phipps, S.M., Walthall, S.L., Andrews, L.G., and Tollefsbol, T.O. A method to study the expression of DNA methyltransferases in aging systems in vitro. Methods in Molecular Biology, 371, 81-87, 2007.
4. Berletch JB, Andrews, L.G., and Tollefsbol, T.O. A method to detect DNA methyltransferase I gene transcription in vitro in aging systems. Methods in Molecular Biology 371, 73-80, 2007.
5. Butsch WS, Ard JD, Allison DB, Patki A, Henson CS, Rueger MM, Hubbert KA, Glandon GL, Heimburger DC. Effects of a reimbursement incentive on enrollment in a weight control program. Obesity 2007;15:2733-8.
6. Butsch WS, Heimburger DC. Malnutrition and Disease Outcomes. In: DeLegge M, ed. Clinical Gastroenterology: Nutrition and Gastrointestinal Disease. Totowa, NJ: Humana Press, 2007 (in press).
7. Butsch WS, Munoz AJ, Heimburger DC. Follow up of Patients with Early Breast Cancer. N Engl J Med 2007; 357:1053.
8. Munoz AJ, Butsch WS, Morgan SL, Heimburger DC, Newton L, Clark R, Cross JM. Comment on "Nutritional gain versus financial gain: the role of metabolic carts in the surgical ICU". J Trauma. 2007;62:1539-40.
9. Harper CE, Patel BB, Wang J, Eltoum IA, Lamartiniere CA. Epigallocatechin-3-Gallate suppresses early stage, but not late stage prostate cancer in TRAMP mice: mechanisms of action. Prostate. 2007 Oct 1;67(14):1576-89.
10. Harper CE, Patel BB, Wang J, Arabshahi A, Eltoum IA, Lamartiniere CA. Resveratrol suppresses prostate cancer progression in transgenic mice. Carcinogenesis. 2007 Sep;28(9):1946-53.
11. Huffman DM, Johnson MS, Watts A, Elgavish A, Eltoum IA, and Nagy TR. Cancer progression in the transgenic adenocarcinoma of mouse prostate mouse is related to energy balance, body mass, and body composition, but not food intake. Cancer Res 2007 67: 417-424.
12. Huffman DM, Grizzle WE, Bamman MM, Kim JS, Eltoum IA, Elgavish A, and Nagy TR. SIRT1 is significantly elevated in mouse and human prostate cancer. Cancer Res 2007 (in press).
13. Huffman DM, Grizzle WE, Bamman MM, Kim JS, Eltoum IA, Elgavish A, and Nagy TR. SIRT1 is significantly elevated in mouse and human prostate cancer. Cancer Res. 2007 Jul 15;67(14):6612-8.
14. Jenkins S, Rowell C, Wang J, Lamartiniere CA. Prenatal TCDD exposure predisposes for mammary cancer in rats. Reprod Toxicol. (2007) 23: 391-396.
15. Jiang Y, Obuseh F, Ellis W, Piyathilake CJ, Jolly P. Association of vitamin A deficiency with decrease in TNF-α expressing CD3-CD56+ NK cells in Ghanaians. Nutrition Research 2007 (in press).
16. Phillips KL, An P, Boyd JH, Strunk RC, Casella JF, Barton BA, Debaun MR. Major gene effect and additive familial pattern of inheritance of ashma exist among families of probands with sickle cell anemia and asthma. Am J Human Biology. 2007 Dec 26.
17. Roarty K, and Serra R. (2007). Wnt5a is required for proper mammary gland development and TGF-ß-mediated inhibition of ductal growth. Development. 134(21):3929-39.
1. Azrad M, Chen M, Rahman N, Desmond RA, 2, Alvarez RD, Partridge EE, Piyathilake CJ. Hyperinsulinemia is Associated with Increased Risk for High-Grade Cervical Intraepithelial Neoplasia in Caucasians but Not African-Americans. UAB Health Disparities Research Symposium, 2007.
2. Martin A, Azrad M, Piyathilake CJ. Association Between Television Viewing and Body Mass Index in African-American and Caucasian Women. National Center on Minority Health and Health Disparities, Project EXPORT, 2007.
3. Gaines JP, Azrad M, Fernandez J, Piyathilake CJ. Evaluation of Racial Differences in Macronutrient Content in Diets of Women at High Risk for Cervical Cancer. Summer Institute of the Morehouse School of Medicine/Tuskegee University/UAB Comprehensive Cancer Center Partnership, 2007.
4. DeAngelis T, Li Y, Tollefsbol T. Elucidation of TERT Epigenetic Regulatory Mechanisms in Neoplastic Transformation of Human Mammary Epithelial Cells. UAB Comprehensive Cancer Center Research Retreat, 2007.
5. Jenkins S, Raghuraman N, Lamartiniere C. Early Exposure to Dietary Bisphenol A Alters the Mammary Proteome in Adult Rats. UAB Comprehensive Cancer Center Research Retreat, 2007.
6. Jenkins S, Raghuraman N, Lamartiniere CA. Early Exposure to Dietary Bisphenol A Alters the Mammary Proteome in Adult Rats. Breast Cancer and the Environment Research Centers' Fourth Annual Early Environmental Exposure Meeting, 2007.
7. Jenkins S, Lamartiniere CA. Discovery Proteomics: Evaluating the Effects of Prenatal TCDD in the Adult Rat Mammary Gland. Edward A. Smuckler Memorial Pathobiology of Cancer Workshop, 2007.
8. Roarty K, Serra R. Wnt5a is required for proper mammary gland development and TGF-beta mediated inhibition of ductal growth. Keystone Symposia: Mouse Models at the Frontiers of Cancer Discovery and Molecular Targets for Cancer. Whistler, British Columbia. March 18-23, 2007.
9. Roarty K, Serra R. Wnt5a Is Required for Proper Mammary Gland Development and TGF-beta-mediated Inhibition of Ductal Growth. UAB Comprehensive Cancer Center Research Retreat, 2007.
10. Willig A, Casazza K, Brock D, Hunter G, Fernandez J. Physical Fitness Tests Results Differ by Ethnicity in a Healthy Pediatric Population. UAB Comprehensive Cancer Center Research Retreat, 2007.
11. Fernandez JR, Willig AL, Gower BA. (2007). Different factors influence insulin sensitivity in children of diverse backgrounds. Oral presentation at the UAB Health Disparities Research Symposium, Birmingham, Alabama.