1. Vonah, D., Ebert, S., Ngamvitroj, A., Park, N., Kang, D. Predictors of health behavior in college students: Stress, social support, self-efficacy and the Health Belief Model. Journal of Advanced Nursing. (in press)
2. Felty Q and Roy D. Mitochondrial signals to nucleus regulate estrogen-induced cell growth. Medical Hypotheses. (in press).
3. Felty Q and Roy D. Role of mitochondria in estrogen related cancer. Final draft in preparation for submission to Journal of Carcinogenesis, 2004.
4. Alexander, D, Chatla, C, Funkhouser, E, Meleth, S, Grizzle, WE, Manne, U.
1. Post-surgical disparity in survival between African-Americans and Caucasians with colonic adenocarcinomas. Cancer. 2004 Jul 1;101(1):66-76.
5. Huffman DM, Michaelson JL, Thomas TR 2004. Chronic supplementation with fish oil increases fat oxidation during exercise in young men. JEPonline 7(1):48-56.
6. Huffman DM, Altena TS, Mawhinney TP, and Thomas TR 2004. Effect of n-3 fatty acids on free tryptophan and exercise fatigue. Eur J Appl Physiol. 2004 Mar 30.
7. Krzywanski DM, Dickinson DA, Iles KE, Wigley AF, Franklin CC, Liu RM, Kavanagh TJ, Forman HJ. Variable regulation of glutamate cysteine ligase subunit proteins affects glutathione biosynthesis in response to oxidative stress. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2004 Mar 1; 423(1):116-25.
8. Hirschowitz BI, Simmons JL, Johnson LF, Mohnen J. Risk factors for esophagitis in extreme acid hypersecretors with and without Zollinger-Ellison syndrome. Clinical Gastroenterology and Hepatology. 2004; 2: 220-29.
9. Owen JE, Klapow JC, Roth DL, Nabell L, Tucker DC. Improving the effectiveness of adjuvant psychological treatment for women with breast cancer: the feasibility of providing online support. Psycho-Oncology 2004 Apr;13(4):281-92.
10. Singh KP, Roy D. Somatic mutations in stilbene estrogen-induced Syrian hamster kidney tumors identified by DNA fingerprinting. J Carcinog. 2004 Mar 05;3(1):4.
11. Macaluso M, Larson R, Lynch J, Lipton S, Delzell E. Historical estimation of exposure to 1,3-butadiene, styrene and dimethyldithiocarbamte among syntetic rubber workers. J Occup Environ Hyg. 2004 Jun;1(6):371-90.
12. Stevens A, Owen J, Roth D, Clay O, Bartolucci A, Haley W. Predictors of time to nursing home placement in White and African American individuals with dementia. J Aging Health. 2004 Jun;16(3):375-97.
13. Whiteside MA, Chen DT, Desmond RA, Abdulkadir SA, Johanning GL. A novel time-course cDNA microarray analysis method identifies genes associated with the development of cisplatin resistance. Oncogene. 2004 Jan 22;23(3):744-52.
14. Nagy TR, Blaylock ML, Garvey WT. Role of UCP2 and UCP3 in nutrition and obesity. Nutrition. 2004 Jan;20(1):139-44.
15. Elgavish A, Wood PA, Pinkert CA, Eltoum IE, Cartee T, Wilbanks J, Mentor-Marcel R, Tian L, Scroggins SE. Transgenic mouse with human mutant p53 expression in the prostate epithelium. Prostate. 2004 Sep 15;61 (1):26-34.
16. Whiteside MA, Heimburger DC, Johanning GL. Micronutrients and cancer therapy. Nutr Rev. 2004 Apr;62(4):142-7. Review.
17. Waterbor JW, Adams RM, Robinson JM, Crabtree FG, Accortt NA, Gilliland J. Disparities between public health educational materials and the scientific evidence that smokeless tobacco use causes cancer. J Cancer Educ. 2004 Spring;19(1):17-28 Review.
18. Cope MB, Steele VE, Lubet RA, Ito I, Juliana MM, Hill DL, Grubb CJ. Efficacy of 9-cis-retinoic acid and n-(4-hydroxphenyl) retinamide alone and in combination in mammary cancer prevention. Oncol Rep. 2004 Feb;11(2):465-9.
19. McGwin G Jr, MacLennan PA, Fife JB, Davis GG, Rue LW 3rd. Preexisting conditions and mortality in older trauma patients. J Trauma. 2004 Jun;56(6):1291-6.
20. Metzger J, McGwin G Jr, MacLennan PA, Rue LW 3rd. Is seat belt use associated with fewer days of lost work after motor vehicle collisions? J Trauma. 2004 May;56(5):1009-14.
21. Cox D, Vincent DG, McGwin G, MacLennan PA, Holmes JD, Rue LW 3rd. Effect of restraint systems on maxillofacial injury in frontal motor vehicle collisions. J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2004 May;62(5):571-5.
22. Claytor B, MacLennan PA, McGwin G Jr, Rue LW 3rd, Kirkpatrick JS. Cervical spine injury and restraint system use in motor vehicle collisions. Spine. 2004 Feb 15;29(4):386-9; discussion Z2.
23. Acton RT, Barton EH, Hollowell WW, Dreibebis AL, Go RCP, Barton JC. Ancestry reported by white adults with cutaneous melanoma and control subjects in central Alabama. BMC Cancer. 2004, 4:47.
1. Alexander, D, Chatla, C, Funkhouser, E, Jhala, N, Grizzle, WE, Manne, U. Racial differences in survival based on tumor differentiation and stage in patients who have undergone surgery for colon cancer [abstract]. Journal of Clinical Oncology; 2004 July.
2. Chatla, C, Alexander, D, Katholi, C, Grizzle, WE, Manne, U. Prognostic significance of Bcl-2 expression and p53 nuclear accumulation based on nodal status in patients with colorectal adenocarcinoma [abstract]. American Association for Cancer Research; 2004 March.
3. Huffman DM, Higgins PB, Goran MI, Gower BA 2003. Association of deep subcutaneous adipose tissue on insulin sensitivity and acute insulin response in African American and Caucasian children. Obes Res 1:A51;201P.
4. Huffman DM, and Gower BA 2003. The association of insulin with the lipid profile in African American and Caucasian females. Diabetes 1243P.
5. Huffman DM, Altena TS, Mawhinney TP, and Thomas TR 2003. Effect of n-3 fatty acids on free tryptophan and exercise fatigue. Med. Sci. Sports Exerc.
6. Rodriguez-Burford C, Chhieng DC, Talley L, Jones J, Grizzle WE, Ferguson SM. Correlation of biomarker expression and response to preoperative chemotherapy in patients with locally advanced breast cancer. Proc Amer Cancer Res 2004; 45
7. McDuffee EC, Thornthwaite JT, Jones JL, Rodriguez-Burford C., Grizzle WE. The expression of LT-11 in ovarian carcinoma and normal ovarian tissues. Proc Amer Cancer Res 2004; 45.
8. Vital-Reyes V, Rodriguez-Burford C, Oelschlager DK, Suarez-Cuervo C, Manne U, Grizzle WE. COX-2 inhibitor (Celecoxib) affects the cellular growth and phenotypic expression of p53 in only selected colon, prostate and ovarian cancer cell lines. Proc Amer Cancer Res 2004; 45.
Abstracts presented at national or international meetings but not published
1. Vital-Reyes V, Rodriguez-Burford C, Oelschlager DK, Suarez-Cuervo C, Manne U, Grizzle, WE. The COX-2 inhibitor, Celecoxib, inhibits differentially the cellular growth of ovarian, prostate and colon carcinoma cell lines independent of p53 status. NCI 12th SPORE Investigators' Workshop; 2004.
2. Alexander D, Chatla C, Funkhouser E, Jhala N, Grizzle WE, Manne U. Racial differences in survival based on tumor differentiation and stage in patients who have undergone surgery for colon cancer. American Socity of Clinical Oncology Conference, New Orleans; July 2004.