Students without significant healthcare work experience will complete a traditional internship (8 hours) with a preceptor at a pre-approved site within our comprehensive data bank of internship sites or at a site of that the student identifies. Students with healthcare experience may elect to l complete an internship or a 6-hour project, with two one-hour mentoring courses in the terms prior to their projects. Mentors can be individuals who are considered thought-leaders or seasoned professionals in the student’s proposed area of interest/discovery. Preparation might include higher level skill development through lessons learned or a journaling project.
Previous internship sites have included:
- First Consulting Group, Boston, MA
- Integris Health System, Oklahoma City, OK
- North Mississippi Medical Center, Tupelo, MS
- Partners Healthcare System, Boston, MA
- Providence Health System, Portland, OR
- University of Alabama (UAB) Health System, Birmingham, AL
- University of Colorado Hospital, Denver, CO
- Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN
Previous projects have included:
- “Evaluation of Voice recognition technology on Radiologist Performance: Does it really help productivity?"
- “Wireless Proliferates In HealthCare: What About Privacy, Security and HIPAA Compliance?”
- “The Successful Procurement of a Home Healthcare Information Systems Solution”
- “A Biometric Technology Evaluation for St. Vincent’s Hospital”