- Owen Bailey Named Administrator at USA Children's and Women's HospitalBailey (MSHA Class 22) is a 1988 graduate of the Master's in Health Administration Program Posted by April Rollins-Kyle on 3/2/2011 4:05:00 PM
- Transparency coming to health care industry Health care expert Greg Carlson, Ph.D., assistant professor in the department of health services administration at the University of Alabama at Birmingham, says ratings of hospitals for clinical outcomes for consumers are in the near future.
Posted by April Rollins-Kyle on 1/28/2011 7:00:00 AM
- Study indicates Healthcare IT is hottest career trend for college graduatesUniversity of California, San Diego, releases study listing 14 top career choices for new and midcareer college graduatesPosted by [Deleted User] on 6/9/2010 10:25:00 AM
- UAB Receives Grant to Help Lead Development of National Health Information Technology Curriculum Eta Berner, EdD, named recipient of one of five Curriculum Development Center grants as part of the health information technology (IT) workforce programPosted by [Deleted User] on 4/12/2010 12:10:00 PM
- UAB's Houser to Serve as an Advisor to Project Hope's China EffortsShannon Houser, PhD, appointed as an advisor for the Project Hope China ProgramPosted by [Deleted User] on 4/12/2010 12:06:00 PM
- 30th National Symposium for Healthcare ExecutivesCelebrating the Symposium's 30th Annniversary!! August 2-7, 2010, Sandestin Golf and Beach ResortPosted by [Deleted User] on 3/15/2010 12:07:00 PM
- Retired hospital CEO joins Health Services Adminstration Department As Industry Relations DirectorMSHA alumnus Jon Vice to lead efforts to strenghthen department's ties with industry professionalsPosted by [Deleted User] on 2/3/2010 1:25:00 PM
- Eta Berner Appointed to AMIA BoardDr. Eta Berner, professor of health informatics, elected to second term on the American Medical Informatics Association (AMIA) Board of DirectorsPosted by [Deleted User] on 1/25/2010 2:36:00 PM
- Lakeshore Foundation and UAB Launch Joint Research EffortUAB School of Health Professions and Lakeshore Foundation announce collaborative partnership for multi-disciplinary research in rehabilitative sciencePosted by [Deleted User] on 10/28/2009 12:37:00 PM
- Health Informatics listed as one of Five College Majors on the RiseChronicle of Higher Education forecasts five emerging areas of studyPosted by [Deleted User] on 9/1/2009 1:00:00 PM
- UAB Health Services Administration faculty featured in Birmingham Medical NewsHoward Houser, PhD, Associate Dean and Professor, UAB School of Health Professions, is profiled in the August 2009 on-line editionPosted by [Deleted User] on 8/5/2009 4:23:00 PM
- UAB Health Administration alumna among Modern Healthcare's "Top 25 Women in Healthcare"Sylvia Young (UAB '85) named to prestigious biennial listPosted by [Deleted User] on 6/26/2009 4:17:00 PM
- 29th National Symposium for Healthcare Executives set for July 27 - August 1, 2009Symposium focus: “Innovation: Reviving Your Path Toward Success”Posted by [Deleted User] on 4/29/2009 4:10:00 PM
- UAB Department of Health Services Administration Faculty Member Recognized for Outstanding Health Disparities ResearchRobert Weech-Maldonado, Ph.D., Professor and L.R. Jordan Endowed Chair, research highlighted at UAB Health Disparities Research SymposiumPosted by [Deleted User] on 4/29/2009 3:05:00 PM
- UAB's Master of Science in Health Administration Program Ranked 7th in NationU.S.News and World Report 2010 Rankings released April 2009Posted by Lorrinda Khan on 4/28/2009 1:00:00 PM
- UAB Health Administration Endowed Professorship Fundraising Event set for April 9, 2009Proceeds from "An Evening Honoring Howard Houser" to be used to complete funding needed to establish Howard Houser Endowed ProfessorshipPosted by [Deleted User] on 3/31/2009 10:55:00 AM
- Medical Informatics Loses PioneerIn Memoriam: Dr. Helmuth Orthner (1941-2009)Posted by [Deleted User] on 3/18/2009 10:40:00 AM
- Health Informatics Specialist/Manager a Top Career ChoiceU. S. News and World Report article lists Health Informatics Specialist/Manager as an "Ahead-of-the-Curve Career"
Posted by [Deleted User] on 2/18/2009 1:13:00 PM
- L. R. Jordan Distinguished Lecture scheduled for February 19, 2009The 5th annual L. R. Jordan Endowed Lecture Series will feature John Glaser, PhD, Vice President and CIO of Partners HealthCare Systems Inc. speaking on "Achieving Organizational Excellence: The Experiences of a Leader"Posted by [Deleted User] on 1/16/2009 3:25:00 PM
- UAB Health Informatics Student Receives National ScholarshipKevin Brantley selected as 2009 recipient of the Eclipsys Clinical Information Scholarship through the HIMSS FoundationPosted by [Deleted User] on 1/5/2009 3:01:00 PM
- Robert Weech-Maldonado, Ph.D., joins UAB faculty as L.R. Jordan Chair of Health Services AdministrationNationally-renowned scholar will continue L. R. Jordan legacy of addressing health care needs of vulnerable populationsPosted by [Deleted User] on 1/1/2009 5:45:00 PM
- MSHI student selected as FORE Merit Scholarship Recipient for 2008Lucretia Johnson (HIM '07) has been selected by the AHIMA Foundation of Research and Education to receive a Graduate Scholarship for 2008Posted by [Deleted User] on 8/27/2008 2:30:00 PM
- UAB Department of Health Services Administration Welcomes New FacultyThe UAB Department of Health Services Administration announces the addition of several new faculty members over the past twelve monthsPosted by [Deleted User] on 8/6/2008 12:23:00 PM
- William Ferniany, PhD, MSHA and PhD alumnus, named CEO of UAB Health SystemDr. William Ferniany has been named chief executive officer of the UAB Health System, effective September 2008. Dr. Ferniany holds both a Master of Science in Health Administration and PhD in Administration-Health Services from the University of Alabama at Birmingham.Posted by [Deleted User] on 8/1/2008 4:37:00 PM
- Executive MSHA Alumna Sharon Spencer named Ruby F. Meredith Chair of Radiation OncologySharon Spencer, MD, professor of radiation oncology at UAB and a graduate of the Executive Master of Science in Health Administration program, was appointed to the Ruby F. Meredith Chair of Radiation Oncology by the University of Alabama Board of Trustees on June 20, 2008.Posted by [Deleted User] on 6/27/2008 11:17:00 AM
- James A. Nixon (Executive MSHA Class E42) Named among the 2008 “Southwest Georgia’s 40 under Forty.”James A. Nixon, Age 26, Assistant Vice President, Tift Regional Medical Center has been named one of the Albany Herald’s 2008 “Southwest Georgia’s 40 under Forty.”Posted by Lorrinda Khan on 5/12/2008 8:38:00 AM
- UAB to debut Executive Doctoral Program in Administration-Health Services in Summer 2009University of Alabama System Board of Trustees approves establishment of an executive D.Sc. program in Administration-Health Services at UABPosted by [Deleted User] on 4/25/2008 2:15:00 PM
- Diagnostic Error in Medicine National Conference set for May 31 - June 1, 2008Diagnostic Error in Medicine, a national conference co-sponsored by the American Medical Informatics Association (AMIA) and the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) through a grant to the University of Alabama at Birmingham.Posted by [Deleted User] on 2/13/2008 12:15:00 PM
- JaNean Whitlow (MSHI student) 2007 recipient of the Beacon Partners ScholarshipJaNean Whitlow, MSHI Class of 2008, is the 2007 recipient of the Beacon Partners Scholarship. Posted by Lorrinda Khan on 12/24/2007 12:40:00 PM
- Nan M. Priest (Executive MSHA Class E38) Named among 2007 “Top Birmingham Women.”Nan M. Priest, Executive Vice President and Chief Strategy Officer for St. Vincent’s Health System has been Named one of the Birmingham Business Journal’s “Top Women for 2007.”
Posted by Lorrinda Khan on 10/26/2007 9:05:00 AM
- Bachelor of Science in Health Information Management Program Recognized Lucretia Johnson, Bachelor of Science in Health Information Management Program senior student participated in the Sixth Annual University of Alabama System Honors Research Day on April 20, 2007 on the Huntsville campus. Posted by Lorrinda Khan on 8/25/2007 10:15:00 AM
- Bang for the Buck! Responding to Pay for Performance27th National Symposium for Healthcare Executives Posted by Lorrinda Khan on 7/25/2007 9:52:00 AM
- SHP faculty member co-authors and editor of the 3rd edition of Health Information: Management of a Strategic Resource. Health Services Administration professors Slovensky, and Ray co-authors and Grostick, Editor.
Professor Donna Slovensky and Associate Professor Midge Ray have authored chapters in the third edition of "Health Information: Management of a Strategic Resource", co-edited by Associate Professor Sara Grostick. The new edition was published in March, 2007 by W.B. Saunders, an imprint of Elsevier, Inc.
Posted by Lorrinda Khan on 4/27/2007 12:57:00 PM
- Bachelor of Science in Health Information Management Program Recognized Lucretia Johnson, Bachelor of Science in Health Information Management Program senior student participated in the Sixth Annual University of Alabama System Honors Research Day on April 20, 2007 on the Huntsville campus. Posted by Lorrinda Khan on 4/25/2007 10:15:00 AM
- Lunch Seminar on “Effective IT Governance in Healthcare Organizations”--Herb Smaltz, PhDThe Department of Health Services Administration Lunch Seminar Presentation
Posted by Lorrinda Khan on 4/1/2007 12:53:00 PM
- The Department of Health Services Administration Seminar Presentation April 6th, 2007Posted by Lorrinda Khan on 3/14/2007 2:25:00 PM
- Matt Gibson (MSHA Class 37) named Louisiana Early Career Healthcare Executive for 2007American College of Healthcare Executives Presents Awards...
Teri Fontenot, President/CEO of Woman’s Hospital and Chair of ACHE’s Louisiana Regent’s Advisory Council Awards Committee announces the 2007 award winners for Senior and Early Career Healthcare Executives.Posted by Lorrinda Khan on 2/5/2007 10:00:00 AM
- UAB Alumnus LTC Jessie Tucker, PhD, FACHE, receives ACHE’s Robert S. Hudgens AwardCHICAGO, January 12, 2007—LTC Jessie L. Tucker III, PhD, FACHE, commander of Fox Army Health Center, Redstone Arsenal, Ala., has won the American College of Healthcare Executives 2007 Robert S. Hudgens Memorial Award for young healthcare executive of the year. Posted by Lorrinda Khan on 1/19/2007 9:06:00 AM
- L.R. Jordan Distinguished Lecture and Health Administration Case Competition
On February 8, 2007, the UAB Health System Hosts the third annual L.R. Jordan Distinguished Lecture and the inaugural Health Administration Case Competition. Dr. Thomas Royer will deliver the L.R. Jordan Distinguished Lecture. Posted by Lorrinda Khan on 1/8/2007 3:16:00 PM
- The UAB Department of Health Services Administration Seeks Faculty
The UAB Department of Health Services Administration invites applications for a non-tenure track faculty position, in the Master of Science in Health Informatics Program. This position reports to the MSHI Program Director.Posted by Lorrinda Khan on 12/21/2006 10:34:00 AM
- Leveraging Technology for Career Success The Department of Health Services Administration is pleased to announce that Professor Bill G. Felkey is to lecture on the topic of Leveraging Technology for Career Success on January 11, 2007.
Posted by Lorrinda Khan on 12/15/2006 10:21:00 AM
- North Mississippi Medical Center Selected as One of Three 2006 Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award WinnersThe Department of Health Services Administration congratulates North Mississippi Medical Center (Tupelo, Mississippi) for its accomplishment of being selected as one of three 2006 Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award winners, the nation’s highest Presidential honor for organizational performance excellence.Posted by Lorrinda Khan on 11/29/2006 9:00:00 AM
- MSHI Alumni Presented with 2006 Nursing Excellence Achievement AwardEricka Nabors, MSHI 2003, was presented with the 2006 Nursing Excellence Achievement Award
Posted by Lorrinda Khan on 11/27/2006 10:13:00 AM
- MSHI Alumni selected as Birmingham VAMC Man of the Year 2006Posted by Lorrinda Khan on 11/14/2006 10:00:00 AM
- MGMA Reception 2006Join UAB's Department of Health Services Asminstration for a reception during the 2006 MGMA Conference in Las Vegas, Nevada
Posted by Lorrinda Khan on 9/25/2006 11:56:00 AM
- MSHA Golf Classic Generates Funds for Student DevelopmentThe first annual MSHA Classic generated over $26,000 towards the MSHA students’ professional development program.Posted by Lorrinda Khan on 8/18/2006 10:14:00 AM
- Alumni Association of Graduate Programs in Health Administration MeetingJuly 28, 2006: During the annual meeting of the Alumni Association of the Graduate Programs in Health Administration, three individuals were honored. Posted by Lorrinda Khan on 8/10/2006 9:43:00 AM
- Health Care Management Honor Society InductionOn May 6, 2006, The University of Alabama at Birmingham Chapter of the Upsilon Phi Delta Honor Society held its second induction ceremony during the graduation dinner.
Posted by Lorrinda Khan on 7/19/2006 9:35:00 AM
- Health Informatics Program Participates in AMIA 10x10Posted by Lorrinda Khan on 7/5/2006 2:14:00 PM
- 10th Annual Everett V. Fox Case Competition Posted by Lorrinda Khan on 7/5/2006 2:09:00 PM
- Dr. Ronald M. Wyatt selected as one of America’s Best Physicians by the Consumers’ Research Council of AmericaPosted by Lorrinda Khan on 6/5/2006 2:07:00 PM
- 2006 Gary L. Filerman Prize for Innovation in Health Services Management EducationCongratulations to S. Robert Hernandez as the recipient of the 2006 Gary L. Filerman Prize for Innovation in Health Services Management Education.
Posted by Lorrinda Khan on 5/17/2006 8:30:00 AM
- REGISTER NOW! The 26th National Symposium for Healthcare ExecutivesJuly 24-29, 2006 Sandestin Golf & Beach Resort Sandestin, Florida
Posted by Lorrinda Khan on 5/8/2006 6:15:00 AM
- American Medical Informatics Association 10x10 Program Faculty member Dr. Eta Berner will participate in the American Medical Informatics Association 10x10 Program Posted by Lorrinda Khan on 5/8/2006 6:05:00 AM
- MSHA Hosts First Annual Golf ClassicThe Master of Science in Health Administration Program is hosting its first annual MSHA Classic on Thursday, June 8, 2006 at Highland Park Golf Course.
Posted by Lorrinda Khan on 5/7/2006 10:15:00 AM
- Professor Bob Hernandez First Recipient of New Academy of Management Excellence in Teaching AwardBob Hernandez was recently recognized for his long and ongoing commitment to teaching and contributions to health services administration educational programs.
Posted by Lorrinda Khan on 5/7/2006 6:20:00 AM
- ACHE and NAHSE Recognize MSHA Students Pebblin Warren and Constance Mims of the Master of Science in Health Administration Program Recently Received Prestigious National Scholarships
Posted by Lorrinda Khan on 5/7/2006 6:19:00 AM
- Mr. Larry Sanders Receives ACHE’s 2006 Gold Medal AwardPosted by Lorrinda Khan on 5/5/2006 2:03:00 PM
- HI Students Elected to Who's Who Among Students in American Universities and CollegesPosted by Lorrinda Khan on 5/5/2006 1:59:00 PM
- SHRP Charles Brooks Award for Creativity/SHRP Dean’s Leadership and Service AwardDean Dr. Harold Jones recognizes Devashish Saini and Mandar Gori at the SHRP Student Convocation on December 16, 2005.
Posted by Lorrinda Khan on 4/8/2006 1:22:00 PM
- HIMSS Foundation Health Link ScholarshipDevashish Saini (HI) was selected as this year's recipient of the HIMSS Foundation Health Link ScholarshipPosted by Lorrinda Khan on 4/8/2006 1:20:00 PM