Important Facts about Medical Technology:
- Medical technologists (MTs) are in high demand. One southern city recently reported a need of 75 MTs with only 18 graduating from programs in that city.
- Starting salary range for a new graduate who is certified is between $33,000 – $39,000.
- Medical technologists work in fields such as chemistry, immunology, microbiology, education, and laboratory management.
- Graduates are employed throughout the United States as technologists in clinical laboratories and in laboratory management, teaching, industry, and research.
- In the clinical laboratory the medical technologist (MT) assumes major responsibility for analyzing body fluids and other specimens to aid the physician in the diagnosis of disease and therapeutic monitoring of treatment
- The MT manages quality laboratory service and performs preventive maintenance of typical laboratory problems.
Degrees in Medical Laboratory Sciences:
B.S. in Medical Technology
M.S. in Clinical Laboratory Sciences