Important Facts about Health Information Management:
- The health information field is expected to more than double over the next 10 years.
- Salary in the southeast for undergrads is up to $38,000 and for a masters’ degree – up to $60,000.
- Health information managers (HIMs) work with administrative and clinical staffs in health care facilities such as hospitals, clinics, managed care organizations, vendors of health information systems, consulting groups, and government agencies to provide the best possible information resources.
- HIMs design and maintain health information systems to collect, assess, and disseminate clinical and administrative data. Health care professionals in education, research, decision-making, and quality assessment and improvement then utilize this data.
- Graduates from UAB have worked with various information systems in health care enterprises, health information systems vendors, agencies of the local, state, and federal government, and consulting firms.
Degrees in Heath Information
B.S. in Health Information Management
M.S. in Heath Informatics