1. Promoting HIGH ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT among its members and peers.
2. PROVIDING STUDENT INPUT and REPRESENTING STUDENT INTERESTS to faculty and administration regarding student needs or concerns related to the MT or CLS program and/or the field of Clinical Laboratory Sciences.
3. Supporting a network for SHARING INFORMATION regarding professional organizations such as the American Society for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (ASCLS), American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP), Certification class offerings, conferences and other seminars on topics of interest.
4. Establishing a FORUM FOR DISCUSSION among students about current issues in the field of Clinical Laboratory Sciences and the UAB MT/CLS Program of study.
5. RETAINING current pre-MT students and RECRUITING future students into the field of Clinical Laboratory Sciences.
6. Promoting a supportive environment for FRATERNIZATION and SOCIALIZATION among its members.